Friday, February 1, 2013

Day 4 Vice-Busting

February 1, 2013 - Day 4

Scripture Affirmation:
God gives me rest when I’m weary and joy when I’m sad.
"For I have given rest to the weary and joy to the sorrowing.” Jeremiah 31:25

I can't say how grateful I am for the rest the Lord has given me today. Enjoying it immensely. I may not be catching up on sleep, but I am doing some reading and letting my brain have a break. But the rest comes from Him. I need to use it wisely and well for HIS purposes, not my own indulgences.


Action:
Keep building the habit of having water with you or within reach. Drink plenty of it. Choose it over other beverages throughout the day.
"It is important that you start to view everything you do as having some impact on your health. When you change your mind-set from one of 'I need to lose weight' to one of 'I need to get healthy and fit,' then you will be taking a strong step in the direction of a lifestyle of health and fitness.

Don't think you can be a part-time water drinker...no one can succeed long term if she is making healthy choices only part time. Your health is your full-time job. It doesn't mean that you always have to be doing something that improves your health, but it does mean that when you aren't, you can't be doing something that is unhealthy. When you're not drinking water (or other health choices) you can't be someone else who eats doughnuts and fast food and drinks soda."

I am not doing well with this today. I am definitely a part-time water drinker today. I had very little sleep last night, so my worn out self is giving in to undisciplined habits. I even indulged in some diet soda with my popcorn snack today instead of my water. I haven't even finished one bottle of water today. Ack.  Here I am doing just what she describes. I'm not proactively working on my health so I'm resorting back to a whole 'nother person that indulges in soda and carbs. I took the day off from my full time job when I never should have. Not every day is going to be easy to make right choices. I need to still make them. I need to still work on this even when I'm resting. I can see where I struggle and that is that I do this healthy living part time. When I do it, I do it well. But, when I take a break, I crash hard. I was even telling my husband today that I wish I could go on vacation just so I could indulge in the unhealthy foods that feed my emotions and stress. Well, if that ain't a tell-all.

Grateful to see this about myself. Putting away the soda bottle and getting refilling my water bottle. Another day I wish I had made myself read this first thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a challenging journey, so your gracious encouragement is quite welcome.