Today's Good Things:
Ate well, kale at each meal! Under on calories
Water all in
Fun day visiting with a friend
Big grocery shopping done for next week
Husband got some accounting work for next week...yay!
Today's Not So Good Things:
No exercise
Feeling tired/grumpy/overloaded
Had a nice visit with my friend and her children today. We worked on a sewing project with our oldest daughters while the others played.
We brought along our old favorite, Taco Style Lentils and diced up some peaches. They added in a spread of fresh cut vegetables and it was a great lunch.
Came home to some potatoes that had cooked in the crockpot, ready to eat. Mixed up some Yum Good Beans and sautéed some greens in vegetable broth, garlic, onion, and a little too much Bragg's. Also sautéed some green and yellow beans from the garden with the vegetable broth. Everything was good. My 11yo son was jubilant about the cooked kale/collards/spinach/chard. I couldn't believe it! Dessert was watermelon and fresh pineapple.
Then we headed to the grocery store to stock up for next week. YIKES!! Between the new recipes, getting in fresh produce at each meal, including fresh fruits, and David's juicing menu, our grocery bill has doubled. That really stinks.
I was hoping to get on the scale today, but I'm simply just beat. I'm looking forward to getting to bed, enjoying some quiet, and waking up to a Saturday that doesn't require me to be fast moving.
Tomorrow is full with food prep for Sunday. I'm thinking it will be fun and maybe I'll even get some helpers in the kitchen to try out some new recipes. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
This is a challenging journey, so your gracious encouragement is quite welcome.